Sunday, January 20, 2008

Getting the low down from my cousin.


Kai is now 8 weeks old and has made friends with his cousins. Sophie is very fond of him. I have a feeling she will be a big influence in his life. Which should be intertesting as she is a very busy girl.

Kai has had his first experience with the flu. He was sick for several days and got a bit dehydrated. We spent an evening at the Stollery Children's Hospital where the fantastic doctors loaded us up with some Enfalyte to rehydrate the fella. Not that Kai was too pleased. I can confidently say that he hates the stuff. I don't think that it phased Kai too much being sick. It was very hard on me though. I did not sleep at all. I woke up with every noise, worried that he was vomitting. Surprisingly Kai slept very well during his bout of flu.

Next big first for us are Kai's 2 month immunization shots. Simon and I are going to be brave and update our immunization as well. All three of us are getting pricked on the 23rd. A family that cries together stays together.

No comments: